Summary Camp Y.U.S.T.E. Project
The project, as its name indicates, “Y.U.S.T.E. (Youth Up, Sharing Talent for Europe)”, has as main objective to gather 50 young people from different European countries who have already shown a social concern and commitment in their community, to complement their Training through collaborative experiences aimed at strengthening their skills in the following areas:
1) Awareness of the current European reality and discover the resources that the European Community makes available to young people to become active elements in the process of European construction. For this we count on the collaboration of the Foundation Academia Europea de Yuste that facilitates the intervention of politicians and senior officials of the various European administration bodies.
2) Encourage and put into practice the values of collaborative work, empowerment and the assumption of responsibilities for decision making. For the development of these competences we have monitors with wide experience in the realization of workshops and activities that allow to experience these competences through real situations.
3) To experiment the wealth represented by the diversity of the different European peoples. For this, a gastronomic-musical soirée will be held every night, in which the members of each country communicate the best of their history, gastronomy and folklore. Participants will hold rhythm, music, dance and interpretation workshops. Through these leisure activities they will also develop teamwork skills, preparing, with the participation of all, a musical show that they would present in a public performance at the end of the exchange.
4) Taking advantage of the fact that the project will be carried out in Extremadura, which is one of the European regions with one of the best preserved ecosystem of the continent, there will be excursions and activities of nature that allow them to know how to value the conservation of this Natural wealth, so often endangered by uncontrolled development.
5) This year we want each of the organizations involved to prepare a full day of activities on the theme and content that they consider appropriate more appropriate to the activities they normally develop.
6) It will also be given to the meeting a character of valorization of all the attitudes that promote the total integration of all the groups with some limitation.
In addition to the individual learning, which will involve each participant to experiment this experience, and the local and regional impact that the Project is going to involve, a video summary of the exchange will be developed, which will be disseminated through the different participating Organizations and will be available on YouTube As in the web, in which all the events related to this exchange, currently under development, which can be consulted at: http://www.youth4europe.org.
This year the exchange will take place in Cáceres, from the 17th to the 30th of July.