Presentation YUSTE Summer Camp 2017
This morning at the Hotel V Centenario has been presented the Summer Camp Y.U.S.T.E. Which will take place in Cáceres and province from the 19th to the 29th of this month of July.
It is already the third edition in which the Rotary clubs of Mérida and Cáceres bring together young people from different European countries to share their talents and live experiences related to:
• Awareness of the current European reality and discover the resources that Europe makes available to young people to become active elements of the process of European construction. For this purpose, the European Academy Foundation of Yuste and the European Parliament’s Office in Madrid are working with the expert on political analysis, Tom Morgan, who will hold a talk with the participants. In the day that will be held at the Royal Monastery of Yuste will also have a meeting with Sofia Corradi, Carlos V of 2016 and initiator of the Erasmus Program whose funds are funded the camp.
• Encourage and implement the values of collaborative work, empowerment and accountability for decision making. For the development of these competences we have monitors with great experience.
• Experience the richness represented by the diversity of the different European peoples. For this purpose they will perform a gastronomic-musical soiree every night in which the members of each country communicate the best of their history, gastronomy and folklore. As closing of the Camp will show with a musical spectacle the lived experiences.
• They will see through the visits to Trujillo and Guadalupe the importance that Extremadura had in the sixteenth century in the encounter of two worlds, Europe and America and the importance that the encounter of cultures had for European civilization.
• This year will also be a special character to promote in all, attitudes that help promote the full integration of people with some limitation. The workshops led by ONCE technicians and the visit to the Center of Alcuescar.
They will have the main headquarters in the San José College of the Caja de Extremadura Banking Foundation which also collaborates in the activity, as well as the ONCE Foundation, Fundación Academia Europea de Yuste, the European Parliament Office in Madrid and the Barceló V Centenario Hotel .
The Rotary clubs of Cáceres and Mérida want to thank all these entities for their collaboration in the project, as well as for the monitors who participate in a totally altruistic way, and for the European ERASMUS + program whose funds are used to finance youth travel.